Tips for building digital products without getting hurt
Perfect software is an essential part of the success nowadays. Even the smallest imperfection can cost you millions
Questions to be Answered Before any Development
Software is an investment that can threefold your revenues and pay itself off in no time.
Do I have a clear vision?
Do I know my target group and their desires?
What value is my project supposed to add?
What do I expect from the development partner?
Where is my target group present and which platforms do they use?
How much do I want to put into the digital product?
If you are not sure by the answers, we can help you to find and specify them. We can discuss how to work with the budget during the initial consultation, so that the project has a shot to success.
Don't be afraid, we don't expect advanced knowledge of programming and frameworks from you. We are ordinary people, we speak humanly and we are here to help you make or save money, not to flood you with the stream of technical IT jargon and terms.
We will meet, have some good coffee and talk about your business, your competitors, what is it that makes your customers happy and how to make them even happier. Thanks to more than 300 projects past the last years we know exactly how happy stories start.
What clients do we like the most?
Fighting with a coder is something you don't want to experience. You want a person that feels you
We best cooperate with people who:
Understand their field and know how to do business.
Have a perfect vision and stand by it.
Pursue success in a long-term cooperation.
Are natural finishers.
See software as an opportunity to save time and money.
Plan ahead and invest to the future.
Want to hear the honest opinion no matter they will like it or not.
Prefer the personal touch and have a good sense of humor.
Can I save money by hiring a freelancer?
Every other client asks us to fix cheesy work of freelancers and poor agencies
Many companies decide to push the price down as hard as possible. They want to save money by hiring a freelancer. His attractive hourly rate looks promising, he has a few apps in his portfolio, so what could go wrong?
- You have a well-managed development team with a project manager and CTO, where the extra person can fit in easily.
- He is a developer, not a project manager, so you have to manage him. If you are hiring more than one, it's gonna be tough. For example, mobile app development needs 3 developers and 1 designer at minimum.
- Unreliability. It is usually a student, who is available according to the schedule of exams, later he can start work from Bali or disappear completely.
- He goes by the motto: Develop & Cash out. He does not care about your business. That is massively different from our attitude.
- He has no motivation to be effective, because the more he codes, the more money he makes.
- There is no senior controlling the quality of the code and weeding out trivial mistakes. You won't notice it until your project gets successful and you will start expanding or pitching investors.
- His code is incomprehensible to anyone else and you risk re-making the code from the line #1. Which is always pricey.
- You might be surprised when AppStore or GooglePlay refuse your app as it doesn't meet their strict quality requirements. Oops.
Shortly, the freelancer will never give you the professional guarantee that is so important for every advanced development project. If you want it to work like a charm.
Why to think about a solid agency
- With an agency, you have guaranteed know-how, quality control and project management. It is not your problem that backend developer is leaving for a two-week vacation, you only care about the delivery on time. Which is always specified in the contract.
- The agency's team has already solved many of your problems for other projects, so they spent less time on development and it means a lower price for you.
- A good agency is not focused on the number of hours. They want to effectively meet the technical requirements of the project. They should care about your success and not about selling their developers time.
- They use proven technologies and keep up to date with the latest trends.
- The agency can deliver the project and be there in 6 months when you need an update. By the way, clients often come to ask us to fix and finish such poor and incomplete projects.
- They can offer a much wider spectrum of services - business consulting before to development or marketing and maintenance.
How to recognize a perfect agency
From the reputable agency, require a complex project and not only development. You don't need the code, you need a superior design and sometimes even marketing
How to select the right agency without getting burned?
A reliable agency has tradition and its team counts at least 20 people. A 3-man micro agencies often go bankrupt, can't plan in the longterm or are getting bought by another project. They most likely deliver a solution that will be bound to them and no one will ever be able to take it over in the future. Find out whether the agency has licenses in the contract. You don't want to find out after 2 years that you either pay immense sanctions for contract breach or you can give farewell to the whole code. The only acceptable solution is the full-license in your hands. You won't believe something like that is possible? We meet such cases several times each month. If the agency can start working without a technical specification it turns any project into a black hole sucking out all your money. The initial specification is there mainly for your protection! Stand by it and you will prevent annoying fights about details in later phases.
Building the digital product smoothly by Pixelmate
Any jackman can do some programming, but to build a successful project, you need much more
We got our hands on hundreds of projects - every single one had a slightly different requirements and expectations, but with every meeting or workshop we learned how to create successful innovations.
The success of our company is based on one thing only
On the success of our clients. We don't want to deliver chunks of code, we want to stand behind projects that are making or saving loads of money. Every happy client, every positive review is a step towards our goal.
We choose with whom we work
We are not cocky, but we know that we have to refuse 8 out of 10 startups, because they have no chance to shine in the hypercompetitive market. Before any development, we want to understand your business and clearly see the promising business model.
We sleep well only when we know that our client got the best solution for the budget
It is not important whether he paid 80 hours of development or 3,000; that is no sign of success. We became salesmen from developers a long time ago to provide clients with the best care and overview, not only with the code.
Have you thought about the most powerful tool?
The digital product is all done and we can focus on marketing
There are several ways how to actually make marketing:
In-house marketing fully in your hands.
Completely outsourced to marketing agency.
Full-service innovation studio.
Selection of a marketing agency
We can give you a few good pieces of advice here. Our very own experience has shown that a good marketing agency is interested in your product from the beginning. They are literally fixed on your experience and successes, not on the size of the budget or ways of its spending. They understand the promotion of mobile apps or websites through effective PPC campaigns, but they are not afraid of other extremely important activities: high-quality content creation and offline communication with your customers. Marketing overlaps to many other fields - what if you need a video or write an article for the local newspaper or if you want to improve your product based on customer feedback? With all that the agency should be able to help you. If you won't find it at the agency and still give it a shot, they will usually suck out all the dedicated budget, report seemingly good results and ask for additional resources. The bad marketing agency campaigns will reach millions of people, but it won't bring you any new customers. And if yes, then the price will go through the roof.
The best solution can be the 3rd option
Look for a full-service innovation studio such as Pixelmate. Not only we can design the whole business model and develop any app, but we can also provide professional marketing services. We are happy at the moment when our solution gets among people and starts reaching the planned goals.
Our cooperation doesn't end with code hand over, we can offer:
Upload of the mobile app to AppStore, GooglePlay.
Launch of web servers and their administration.
Marketing campaign for the new mobile app.
First hundreds of downloads and check of satisfaction.
Communication strategy proposal.
Social media and blogs administration.
Copywriting, storytelling, brand positioning.
Product design, banners, merchandising.
Offline promotion - events and conferences.
Feedback collection and growth hacking.
Our experience says that the marketing of the new web or app is great to plan in cooperation with developers. Only then everything works in synergy and generates surprising results. During the project, you can reach your target group and prepare the marketing campaign so that it reflects their deepest wishes and worries. If we manage to lit the right boom to support the launch, your app will hit the top charts and gets thousands of downloads for free.
The perfect business model
Congratulations for reading to the last page of this guide!
You have just made the first step towards the successful project. Would you like to book a free consultation on your business idea? There is nothing easier than to schedule a meeting with us over some good coffee.Book a consultation
Do you want to know more before making the final decision? We recommend you to look at: